This easy recipe for Chicken Scampi is made at home using angel hair pasta and a garlic butter sauce with white wines and fresh lemons. You can also make this recipe without wine by using chicken broth.
This recipe is the best! This recipe uses angel-hair-pasta, which is tossed in garlic butter sauce or chicken broth. It’s also enhanced with fresh squeezed lemon juice and a mixture of Parmesan cheese and Asiago cheese. This recipe is a standout because it has a restaurant-quality finish.
You can store in an airtight-container and put in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
For the Chicken
- 1 lb Chicken breast diced
- 3 tbsp flour
- ½ tsp spoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt or pepper to taste
For the Pasta & Sauce
- 8 oz angel hair pasta
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup freshly diced tomatoes
- 6 tbsp salted butter separated
- ½ cup Asiago Cheese shredded from a block
- 5 cloves fresh garlic minced
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese shredded from a block
- ¼ cup roughly chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- ½ cup dry white wine see notes
- ½ cup pasta water
- salt or pepper
- Before you start: measuring all ingredients. This recipe is quick and easy. ime the boiling water so that it’s ready for the pasta at the end. Cooking the angel hair takes approximately 4 minutes. Remember to reserve ½ cup of the pasta water.
- Pat the chicken dry completely. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Add 1 tsp Italian seasoning and ½ tsp lemon pepper seasoning. Sprinkle with flour and toss to coat.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp butter on medium-high-heat. Turn the heat to medium-high and add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side till it is golden-brown and cooked through. Put aside. Cover the chicken with foil and place in a warm place.
- Reduce heat to medium, and melt 1 tbsp butter in the same pan. Then add the garlic and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the white wine to the pot and simmer for about 3 minutes, or till it has reduced by half. While it simmers, you can use a spatula for scraping clean the chicken remnants from the pot.
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in the pot. Then add the chicken, chopped parsley and red pepper flakes. Toss to coat. Reduce heat to low. Swirl in 1 tbsp use cold butter. Boil the pasta, and then reserve ½ cup of water.
- Take a covered jar or Tupperware container then add ½ cup pasta water, Parmesan, Asiago cheese, lemon juice. Cover and shake to combine.Add the drained-pasta in a skillet with the chicken and pour the pasta water mixture to the top. Use kitchen tongs & toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with diced tomatoes.
- Serve! Garnish with freshly grated cheese and extra parsley/red pepper flakes.
You can see the full recipe here thecozycook.