This Italian chopped salad is loaded with chickpeas and veggies, hredded brussels sprouts, salamis, olives, pepperoncini, and delicious cheeses. This easy Italian chopped Brussels sprouts salad makes a great lunch or dinner. It is served with a light Italian dressing.
This salad involves shredded brussels sprouts, tomatoes, chickpeas and provolone and Parmesan cheeses, olives and red onions, pepperoncini, and more. The light Italian-style dressing wraps it all together.
Italian chopped salads have a crunchy base, such as lettuces, radishes or radicchio, and vegetables like tomatoes, onions, and chickpeas. They are then topped with cheeses such as mozzarella, parmesan, or provolone. To coat them, add a light, tangy sauce.
This Italian chopped Brussels sprouts salad can be made ahead of time. Make the dressing, then shred the brussels. Chop all toppings. Store in containers until ready to use.
Each topping adds a unique flavor and texture that you will love. You can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Italian Chopped Brussels Sprouts Salad
For the Italian dressing:
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 tsp sugar or honey depending on how sweet you like your dressing
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
For the salad:
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- ¼ cup sliced pepperoncinis
- ½ cup pitted sliced kalamata or sliced black olives
- ¼ cup shaved or shredded parmesan
- 1 lb brussels sprouts ended trimmed and outer leaves removed
- 4-6 oz thinly sliced Genoa salami cut in half or julienned
- ½ small red onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup cubed provolone cheese
- Make the dressing: Mix the dressing ingredients in a medium-bowl. Add the olive oil, dijon, red wine vinegar, garlic, sugar/honey, italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Next, shred the brussel-sprouts using a food-processor fitted with the slicing attachment and pulse till the brussels sprouts are thinly sliced. You can also use a sharp knife to slice the brussels sprouts if you don’t own a food processor.
- In a large bowl, add the shredded brussels and pour the dressing all over. Use a fork to coat the brussels in the dressing. Allow the dressing to sit for 30 minutes before you let the brussels marinate in the dressing. You can prepare all the other ingredients while the brussels soak up the dressing.
- Next, add the chickpeas and salami, tomatoes olives, pepperoncinis red onion, provolone cheese cubes and shaved Parmesan. Mix well. Add extra black pepper to taste. Serve!
You can see full recipe here ambitiouskitchen.