This coconut curry chicken can be create in one-pot and is packaged with full of flavors! This curry can be reached in half an hour or less making it the ideal weeknight-dinner.
Now we are using red-curry within this dish alongside yellow-curry powder along with a fantastic of coriander. If you are wondering exactly what coconut-curry tastes like, it is somewhat sweet, but largely savory with of spice out of the red-curry.
Red curry is usually create from crushed garlic, ginger, lemongrass, red chilies, fish-paste and shallots. We amp those flavors up with extra ginger, garlic, and onions.
When you are not certain what to make for dinner, then this creamy coconut curry chicken comes through. It is quick, tasty, and healthful! This is my family ones all time favourite foods, and while I often favor vegetables and this is among my favorites also.
If you’d like a thicker sauce, then you are able to eliminate 1-2 tbsp of the sauce into a small-bowl & (using a fork) dip in 1 tbsp cornstarch till smooth. Whisk the mixture into the curry.
Please, if you like this Coconut Curry Chicken recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks!
Coconut Curry Chicken
- 1 lb boneless-skinless chicken breast or thighs cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 2 tsp yellow-curry-powder
- 2 tsp ground-coriander
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbsp red-curry-paste I use Thai Kitchen; reduce or increase as desired for spice levels
- ¼ cup cilantro and/or basil diced
- 3 tbsp coconut-oil separated
- ½ medium yellow-onion
- 1 large red-bell-pepper
- 1 tbsp lime-juice
- 1 can full-fat coconut-milk NOT lite
- 1-2 tbsp brown-sugar
- 2 tsp fish-sauce optional
- fine sea-salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Serve over/with: cooked basmati rice and naan bread with additional lime wedges
- Optional: chopped peanuts or cashews
- Begin with prepping ingredients: mince the garlic, mince the ginger and dice the onion. Then peel ginger using a vegetable peeler or spoon then finely mince it.
- Thinly slice the red bell pepper in long vertical strips then cut these bits in horizontally.
- Heat 2 tbsp coconut-oil in a large-deep skille- over medium-high-heat. Then add the onion & saute for 3-5minutes, or till onions are starting to receive golden.
- Add the ginger and garlic. Stir to coat everything with all the oil. Reduce the heat to low then add the red curry paste, curry powder and coriander. Stir frequently for 2-3minutes, or till fragrant and lightly toasted.
- Return the heat to medium-high. Then add the remaining 1 tbsp coconut-oil & red pepper. Stir for a few minutes then add the bite-sized parts of chicken.
- Sprinkle on pepper and salt to taste (I add 1 tsp fine sea salt and ½ tsp pepper). Cook, stirring frequently about 4-5minutes, or till the chicken is browned on each side, but not cooked .
- Pour in the brown sugar, coconut-milk and lime juice (to taste, I begin with only 1 tbsp). Stir till chicken is cooked through (juices run clear & it’s cooked to 165°F) and curry is a little thickened. If desired, stir in the fish sauce.
- Serve over rice with/or naan bread. Garnish dishes with basil, cilantro, or crushed cashews/peanuts. Serve extra lime wedges from both sides if desired.