This tasty fruit-forward blueberry flatbread is packed with creamy goat cheese, apricot jam, fresh mint and sweet honey. It is the great vegetarian dessert or appetizer to use these fresh, ripe blueberries.
It is super easy and this flatbread requires only a few of ingredients that are common and you can easily customize it depending on what you have on your refrigerator or pantry.
It is fast, simple, and kid-friendly. No cooking abilities are required for this particular one. If you can to turn on the oven and set a timer, then you can create this recipe.
The blend of sweet, tart blueberries and tangy goat cheese is tied together perfectly with the sweetness in the apricot jam and honey. Subsequently the fresh-mint pops and brightens up everything! The blueberries also get totally roasted in the oven giving them a feel that’s reminiscent of a blueberry pie.
Tips for Blueberry Flatbread:
- I wouldn’t advise using frozen blueberries with this flatbread. Frozen blueberries have a tend to emit a great deal of moisture as they cook. Using frozen berries might result in a soggy flatbread, and no one wants that!
- If you don’t have fresh blueberries on hand, you can substitute other fruits in their place. Other fruits that would work great in place of the blueberries like a strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, sliced pears, and sliced apples.
- If you are not into goat cheese, then feel free to replace it with your loved ones beloved cheese instead! You can substitute it with fresh mozzarella, brie, camembert, cotija, cream cheese, mascarpone, ricotta and feta.
- Don’t have any apricot jam on hand? You can substitutes for apricot jam include orange marmalade, peach jam, blueberry jelly, strawberry jelly and grape jelly.
Please, if you like this Blueberry Flatbread with Goat Cheese recipe, don’t forget to give me STAR RATE (★★★★★) or comment below. Thanks.
Blueberry Flatbread with Goat Cheese
- 2 flatbread crusts
- 8 oz plain goat cheese
- zest of 1 lemon (about a tbsp)
- a small handful fresh mint leaves julienne cut
- 4-6 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4-6 tbsp honey
- kosher salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Make my super fast and simple 5 minute flatbread dough and par-bake it according to recipe instructions. Or use 2 store-bought flatbread crusts.
- Heat oven to 550° and then brush the both crusts with olive oil. Split apricot jam evenly between the flatbread crusts.
- Divide goat cheese evenly between flatbread crusts. Then divide blueberries equally between crusts.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes till the edges of the crust are becoming golden brown and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Divide mint and honey involving flatbreads, slice and revel in.